Q1: The country I would go right now, if it was possible.

If some genius appears on my dreams and tells me to pick one country to teleport myself there, I would definitely think about it for a few seconds... but I might say New Zealand, for sure.

There's something about that beautiful piece of land that's been calling me for about a few years now.


To start, the scenery.

I remember as a kid watching the Lord of The Rings, seeing Frodo with his friends in some unveliable places and I was thinking to myself "Woah. Is that even real?", but I never asked where was all of that happening. One day, years later, I was eating once with one of my best friends at his house and naturally we began to talk about movies. Suddenly the topic of the landscape of LOTR comes up and he tells me that the whole trilogy was filmed in New Zealand. I couldn't believe it. I went straight to Google, and there it was: 100% NZ - over 150 locations around the country.

Since that day, my love for New Zealand started, and honestly, I've been reading a lot about it over the last couples of years.

It's unreal how stunning, natural and amazing the landscapes are. Everything is clean and pristine.

There are tons of lakes and rivers, wide forests and almost every place you see on the map is filled with mountains. New Zealand is probabbly a lot like Chile on this field, but the idea of an island in the middle of the ocean, where this whole mini-world exists, it's extraordinary. 

Fact: even one third of their whole nation is protected conservation area. Cool stuff.

 

Also, the people.

It fascinates me that they respect their ancestral cultures. The Maori are very loved in their own land, by the entire New Zealand population.

I've had the chance to met a lot of Kiwis (people from NZ) and they are all wonderful! I have the feeling that they are very similar to us, latinmericans, as the way we enjoy life.

They are completely friendly, very adventurous people and they have absolutely great sense of humor. It's really cool to hang out with them. Probably, in NZ it's even better, with a full variety of outdoor activities to do with the Kiwis.

 

And last, but most important: the food.

New Zealand cuisine is largely driven by colorful local ingredients and seasonal variations. I have heard that the food there is incredible. It is a mix between their local dishes, Pacific Rim and Mediterranean food -super similar to the Italian one- (my favourite).

And there's fast food too. The majority of New Zealanders are British descent, so it is not surprising that the cuisine owes much to them...

but who doesn't like Fish And Chips?


Comentarios

Entradas populares