Q2: Plebiscite 2020 - Reinventing the Chilean Constitution.

Chile today is experiencing a profound transformation.

In this plebiscite, it was more than demonstrated that Chileans no longer believe in the political institution. A total rupture, because of a political class (with all the political parties in the bag) that is completely disconnected from the reality of the country.

Approval was expected to win, but I think that the 80% that we managed to get on last Sunday (October 25), is really the most powerful gesture that could exist at this time. It is clear that Chile needs changes and it is necessary to start with the new constitution.

This was the second time that I have to vote on something, but I think it is the first time that I went to vote happily. I could see the desire and enthusiasm for wanting a better country.

In my opinion, I think Chile didn't want to change the constitution earlier just because it must have been very difficult to make a transition from Dictatorship to Democracy. Sustaining and projecting ourselves only in the economic sphere allowed some stability for a while, but nowadays, it is no longer necessary.

We cannot hold onto that idea of ​​infinite growth forever. Our planet doesn't work like that.

We have other challenges to solve, in a totally different era, that is making us evolve as humans.

Comentarios

Entradas populares